September 30, 2016

Brother of slain Coast Guard charged with “Tuffy” murder

Sussex Street murders

– 2 others charged for killing GDF rank

Dead: Gladston Taylor, called “Tuffy”

Dead: Gladston Taylor, called “Tuffy”

Police have instituted murder charges against Vellon Thorne, a brother of slain Guyana Defence Force Coast Guard, for the execution style killing of Gladston Taylor, called “Tuffy”, of Adelaide Street, Charlestown who was gunned down as “revenge”.
The young man is expected to make his appearance today at the Georgetown Magistrate’s Courts to answer to the indictable charge. He is accused of shooting to death Taylor, whom he claimed had a hand in his now dead brother’s death.
On the night of the shooting incident, Taylor was reportedly sitting at Adelaide and Sussex Streets, when two men rode up on a CG motorcycle and opened fire on him. He was shot at least five times about his body.
He was picked up and rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival. Thorne was identified as the killer and was subsequently arrested and interrogated.
Meanwhile, two men will also make their court appearance at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts charged with the murder of GDF Lance Corporal Kevon Payne, 22, of Lot 36 Sussex Street Charlestown. The men were positively identified by the now dead soldier’s brother.

Dead: GDF rank Kevon Payne

Dead: GDF rank Kevon Payne88

On the night of March 29, Payne and another man, Shakel Williams, 22, of James Street, Albouystown, were among a group of men standing on the roadway at Lyng and Sussex Streets, Charlestown, when two men armed with firearms rode up on a motorcycle and discharged rounds in their direction.
Payne was hit about his body and Williams was hit to his right foot. As a result, Payne was taken to the Georgetown Public Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival while Williams was admitted.
The Police say ranks of a Police mobile patrol in the vicinity of the shooting responded to the sound of gunshots and confronted the two suspects who managed to escape after an exchange of gunfire with the ranks.

About GuyanaTimes