September 26, 2016

Chase make easy work of Kingston

Chase Academy easily dispatched of Kingston Secondary with a 3-1 win to reach the quarterfinals of the Milo Under-20 School Football Tournament when Round of 16 action concluded on Sunday at the Ministry of Education ground.
It will be hard for any team to top Chase Academy with the defending champs showing great chemistry and form especially from their latest win.

Action during the tournament as teams continue to vie for the top spot

Action during the tournament as teams continue to vie for the top spot

The squad is passing the ball with and their coordinated offensive attacks at times seem unstoppable by opponents and Kingston was the latest victim of the team that is clicking on all cylinders.
Kelsey Benjamin wasted little time in getting the ball rolling as Chase scored the game’s opening goal with the game’s first shot on target in the seventh minute.
Vincent Thomas would capitalise on defenders that were out of position to equalise in the 16th minute for Kingston only to see Chase immediately take the lead one minute later through a goal from Ryan Hackett in the 17th minute.
Sonel Logan would put the final nail in the coffin in the 29th minute as Chase closed up shop to secure the win before the first half concluded.
Meanwhile an in-form Mae’s Secondary committed too many mistakes and watched their hopes of advancing in the tournament come to an abrupt end when South Ruimveldt delivered the upset with a 4-3 penalty win.
The game ended one all but Mae’s only have themselves to blame as they gifted South Ruimveldt the game’s first goal via an own goal in the 29th minute.
However, the squad was able to equalise in the 55th minute through a Cecil Jackman goal but was unable to find a late winner by the end of regulation and the rest of the story is history.
North Georgetown pulled off a thrilling 4-2 comeback win against St John’s College to advance to the quarterfinals.
St John’s College was looking in brilliant shape to advance after the conclusion of the first half as Darien Dickson and Joel Yhap gave them a commanding 2-0 lead with goals in the eighth and 30th minutes by respectively by the time the first half ended.
Nevertheless, North Georgetown came soaring back as Nehemiah Gomes in the 41st and Daniel Nedd in the 51st help North equalise.
Osafo Matthison would sink the go ahead goal in the 74th minute while Christopher Waddell 83rd minute goal would ensure North of a quarterfinal berth.
Christ Church was able to move into the quarterfinal round with a comfortable 3-1 win against Queenstown Secondary.
Wayne Wright, Tahul Alpin and Shamar Carrington were the scorers for Christ Church with goals in the 19th, 46th and 61st minutes respectively while Queenstown’s lone goal came from Kellon Blue in the 28th minute. Action in the tournament will continue on March 13 at the said venue.

About GuyanaTimes