May 30, 2016

Slain biker’s alleged killer appears in court

Almost two months after the death of well known biker, Kirk Davis, his alleged killer and friend, made his first court appearance before

Randy Jagdeo entering the courthouse on Wednesday

Randy Jagdeo entering the courthouse on Wednesday

Chief Magistrate Priya Sewnarine-Beharry on Wednesday where he was slapped with a murder charge.

Randy Jagdeo, 28, of Lot 159 Third Street, Alexander Village, Georgetown, arrived at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts shortly after 13:00h clad in a white t-shirt and army coloured trousers. He was immediately taken inside the courthouse.

Jagdeo was not required to plead to the indictable charge which stated that on September 3 at Eccles, East Bank Demerara, he murdered Davis. Reports stated that the biker was shot 15 times.

According to the prosecution’s facts, Davis was allegedly seen kissing the neck of Jagdeo’s wife at Palm Court one evening before he left to go home.

Jagdeo, along with his wife arrived in front of the late biker’s home in a silver vehicle. Davis entered the backseat after which the accused was seen exiting the car with a gun and approached the back seat, opened the door and discharged several rounds at his friend.

The accused then pulled  Davis’s body out of the vehicle and made his escape. Davis was taken to the Georgetown Public Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

Jagdeo returned home from Holland on October 23 and turned himself in at the Criminal Investigative Department just after lunch on October 28 in the company of his lawyers. He also gave a written statement to the police in connection with the shooting and made contact with the relatives of the deceased, expressing remorse over what transpired.

Guyana Times understands that when Jagdeo returned to Guyana, he was encouraged by his father to turn himself in and was supposed to do so since Thursday last but waited until Monday for reasons unknown.

It was reported that prior to the execution of Davis, the businessman reportedly found out that more than $32 million was missing from a secured safe in the house to which his wife and his father have the secret code. Jagdeo believed his wife had given the money to Davis to open a business.

Investigations in the matter are not yet complete, and as such, Jagdeo was remanded to prison and is set to make another court appearance on November 21.

About GuyanaTimes